- The property must be a residential property and be classified as your primary residence.
- The property must be in your personal name or a Trust (please ask the County for specifics regarding the trust requirements, if app).
- You must own and occupy the residence as of January 1st to apply for that tax year.
- You hold a homestead exemption on another property in or out of state
- The property is corporately owned
- You lease the property (some exceptions are allowed)
Important documents to file for Homestead:
- Proof of Ownership: Typically, the recorded Deed and or Co-op Proprietary Lease must be held in the name(s) of the individuals applying for homestead.
- Proof of Permanent Florida Residence: Florida’s Driver’s License or Florida I.D. Card along with either a Florida Voter’s Registration OR a Recorded Declaration of Domicile
Filing for your exemption
Many counties now have “On-line exemption filing” for easier and quicker processing which is found on their Appraisers Office Website
Please contact your County Appraisers Office for information regarding additional exceptions such as: Senior Citizens, Widow/Widowers, Veteran/Active Duty/Military, Disabled individuals, Church/Non-Profit and Agricultural, etc.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
"Property Tax Professionals, Inc. has proven many times over to be the top consultants for our tax abatement needs."
- Russell Warder, V.P., KFC Restaurants
"Well exceeded my expectations. Simply put, Florida's leader in the industry today."
- Joseph Bagby, Founder, (NACORE) International Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives
"Property Tax Professionals, Inc. has produced hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax savings throughout Florida with the utmost in service and results."
- Jack McClam, V.P., Great Western Bank
**Additional references available upon request.